Ecotourism is about uniting conservation, communities, and sustainable travel. This means that those who implement and participate in ecotourism activities should follow the following ecotourism principles:
• Minimise impact.
• Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
• Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
• Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
• Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
• Raise sensitivity to host countries' political, environmental, and social climate*
Storytellers stand by the principles of Ecotourism and actually walk the talk (or in our case ride it). We are the only Cook Islands Eco Tour on mountain bikes and the only tour business focused on giving 10% of our profits back to the community for development projects.
Local Cook Island staff at Storytellers are passionate and knowledgeable about the local culture, history and environment and love sharing stories of their heritage with our guests.